25/04/15 - Toowoomba - Qld


Quiet day today, went in to town and visited the main War Memorial Park - East Creek - Toowoomba, it being the 100th Anniversary of the 1915 ANZAC forces landing at Gallipolli.

Took quite a few photos and will add some more at a later date, but this one took me a while to get with so many people visiting the War Memorial I had to wait quite a while to get a shot without people.


There was a cross with handmade poppies on each corner of the square around the memorial and there were lots of floral tributes. 

Here I am waiting "patiently" for my chance to take a photo sans people!



Jo was somewhat luckier, spotted this young Navy Officer and his partner walk up to the memorial and stand there for a time in contemplation.

Very moving pictures I think.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.